Company-Paid Basic Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- A benefit to your beneficiary if you die.
- An additional benefit if your death results from an accident.
- A benefit to you if you are paralyzed, lose limbs, or suffer total and permanent vision or hearing loss from an accident.
- If you are totally disabled when your coverage ends, and you were totally disabled prior to age 60, coverage will be extended for 12 months from the date your coverage ends. Contact Securian at 866-293-6047 for details.
Visit The Benefit Connection to see your company-paid basic life coverage and AD&D coverage amount. These amounts can be seen during enrollment, or if you select “Your Current Coverage.”
Additional life insurance and Personal Accident Insurance Plan (PAIP) can be elected during enrollment for an additional cost.
Your company-paid coverage under Securian includes the following FREE services:
- Grief counseling to help you and your dependents cope with major life events, including death, divorce, a child leaving home, pet loss, or a serious medical condition
- A Funeral Planning Guide to help you organize and document important information and decisions for your family and beneficiaries
How to File a Claim
To file a claim for basic life and/or AD&D insurance benefits, you, your beneficiary, or authorized representative should contact The Benefit Connection at 877-550-BENE (2363) and ask to speak with a benefits representative.