Leave of Absence & Disability
Family and Medical and Leave Act (FMLA)
Under the Family and Medical and Leave Act (FMLA), eligible Associates of AutoNation are entitled to 12 weeks of unpaid, job-protected leave for specific family and medical reasons, including:
- The birth of a child and to care for the newborn child within one year of birth
- The placement with the employee of a child for adoption or foster care and to care for the newly placed child within one year of placement
- To care for the employee’s spouse, child, or parent who has a serious health condition
- A serious health condition that makes the employee unable to perform the essential functions of his or her job
- Any qualifying exigency arising out of the fact that the employee’s spouse, son, daughter, or parent is a covered military member on covered active duty
- Note: Military caregiver leave allows eligible employees to take up to 26 weeks of leave in a single 12-month period to care for a family member (spouse, son or daughter, parent, next of kin) who is a covered service member or veteran with a serious injury or illness.
If this applies to you, select “How to File a Claim.”
AutoNation offers Associates short-term and long-term disability coverage through Matrix Absence Management. Short-term disability benefits begin after seven days of disability and are available for up to 26 weeks. Long-term disability begins after 180 days of disability.
Company-Paid Maternity Benefit
AutoNation provides a paid maternity benefit for Associates to recover from the effects of childbirth. This coverage is provided at no cost to the Associate through Matrix Absence Management and provides 100% of eligible pay for six weeks if vaginal delivery or eight weeks for cesarean.
For more information on maternity, short-term disability, or long-term disability refer to the Disability Summary Plan Description booklet located on The Benefit Connection website.